How Senior College works within the Trinity System:
The St Matthew’s Rathkeale Senior College which is taught mainly on the Rathkeale campus, comprises Year 12 and 13 students from both schools.
Through this system, co-educational academic and selected extra-curricular activities achieve outcomes that would not be possible in each individual school. The two schools liaise closely to ensure the needs of all students are met, with designated deans looking after the specific interests of both girls and boys.
The girls start and end each school day at St Matthew’s, attending assembly and carrying out any duties, before catching the school bus for a 10 minute ride out to the Rathkeale campus.
Senior College provides:
- An extensive range of academic programmes
- Combined leadership opportunities
- Extended participation in music, drama and debating
- Extended involvement in outdoor pursuits
- Opportunities to develop social skills