- Special Character
- Parents' info
- Contact us
St Matthew's Collegiate - International Students Enrolment Procedures
Application Requirements Enrolment Procedures for International Students
- The international student completes the enrolment form and supplies details relating to school record and English language ability.
- An offer of place, subject to payment of fees, homestay payment and insurance is provided to the student together with an invoice for fees.
- Once the above payment is made, a Letter of Acceptance, with receipt of payments and all necessary information relating to St Matthew's Collegiate School is issued.
International Students Entry Criteria
- Academic reports for the two years prior to application will be required (with transcripts if necessary). The comments on effort are as important as achievement, so are work habits/attitude and motivation.
- Comprehensive references from a member of the school staff who knows the student well, plus one other will be sought. These references should not be a standard formatted statement. References should cover all aspects of the student's personality and behaviour.
- Permanent resident visas are not relevant to our acceptance of an overseas student. If a student requires ESOL tuition, the ESOL fee is payable irrespective of visa status.
- A language assessment test under supervised conditions will normally be required. There may also be other tests to assist with placement, to establish the applicant's ability to cope with the mainstream programme and for the information of the ESOL department.
- An interview with the applicant and parents will be sought whenever possible. If the student is already in New Zealand then an interview is required.
- Girls may gain entry from Year 7 (aged about 11 years). This gives the girls a greater opportunity to develop the linguistic competency they would require for university by Year 13. It also makes for easier social integration. Girls wishing to enter at an older age must be linguistically competent.
- It is most important that the student is coming for the correct reasons and that parents and student both wish for excellence. Girls must have a clean social record and this must be testified to in the letters of reference.
To apply for a place at St Matthew's Collegiate School, print this form, fill it out and post it to us.
- To be eligible for a refund an application must be made in writing to the Board of Trustees/Proprietors by the parent or legal guardian stating clearly the reason for the withdrawal of the student.
- If the withdrawal is made prior to the student coming to New Zealand a full refund shall be made less $750 administration fee.
- There will be no refund if a request to withdraw is made after the student has reached the midpoint of her programme of study in New Zealand except in the case of serious illness of the student or her close family.
In determining any refund the Board of Trustees/Proprietors will take into consideration the special circumstances of the withdrawing student and the costs to the school in providing tuition, costs incurred in employing staff, providing facilities and payments made to other providers.
No refund will be made to any student who transfers to another school or educational institution or is asked to leave because of misbehaviour, poor attendance or violation of the contract with the school.
Our entire refund policy is available here.